How to clean your YAK 400 Series Grill
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Your YAK grill will give you many years of enjoyable service with minimal and easy cleaning. All components are dishwasher safe, and stainless steel cleans up easily after use.
Follow these care and maintenance tips:
1. Once you are finished grilling, let the grill and any remaining charcoal cool down completely.
Note: You may use tongs to remove hot charcoal into a charcoal-safe bucket to speed this up.
**Never pour water onto charcoal inside your YAK grill.
2. Dump the cold ash into charcoal-safe bucket or use as fertilizer in your garden.
3. Clean the grill grates with a nylon or wire brush, or using a sponge and/or steel wool in the kitchen sink with hot soapy water.
4. Wipe the outside of the grill with a damp rag, or clean in the sink with hot soapy water. Stainless steel cleaners work well too.
5. Clean the charcoal grid and burn box every 3-4 uses with hot soapy water and steel wool or a brush.
6. Store your grill in the included zippered case when not in use.